Hi Mad Birders and friends,

Seen (or heard) any good birds lately?  I was out in the woods with our dog
this fine sunny morning and was delighted to hear the call of a Pileated
Woodpecker ringing out through the trees.  Neither the bird, nor the dog,
nor I minded the fact that is was -14.8 degrees!

In other bird news, check out the new story on our website by Christine
McGowan from the National Wildlife Refuge Association about her experience
participating in the Mad Birders' Christmas Bird Count last month!  If you
have never been part of our CBC, maybe this will inspire you to be part of
the next one.

Happy Birding.
Jeannie Elias

madbirders.org