Sternly aware that it's not, but got a little frisson of England's cousin to Black-Capped Chickadees, the Blue Tit ... fun to imagine for exbrit, thanks! Veer

---- On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 05:24:00 -0800 vtfiliberti <[log in to unmask]> wrote ----

Ken Copenhaver and I came across this unusual chickadee at a feeder yesterday while doing our route for the Eastern Franklin CBC. The owner of the property said it's been around for a while. We watched it for quite a while and it fed and acted just like the other chickadees. We wanted to post to see what others thought and if anyone had come across coloration such as this before. Is it just a leucistic or partially leucistic bird? Here is the link to two photos of the bird that we got.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97217605@N07/11774215993/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97217605@N07/11774353804/

Julie Filiberti
Fairfax