Agree whole-heartedly.  The ice is only about a 1/2 inch thick where I
am, but it's hard as nails so I can't even punch through it with my
foot.  I'm hoping after this next snowfall that at least some of the
mice will take the easy route under the snow but on top of that ice
layer because it looks like it's going to be with us for a long time
unless we get a really impressive January thaw.

Jane
(Shoreham)