Hello Vermont birders

I'm a part time Vermonter who married a true Vermonter and has made me fall in love with the Northeast Kingdom. Our home away from home is in Westmore on the north side of Lake Willoughby. We try to get up at least once a month, a 3 plus hour trip from Boston. Martha submitted  a piece to our local paper, the Chronicle, on a year of birding in Orleans County  http://bartonchronicle.com/kind-birds-fly-orleans-county/#more-22403  Perhaps some of you will  be inspired and visit this gem of the state. I was glad to hear of the Snowy Owl seen recently at the Newport Airport, we tried several times from January 1-6 with no luck, but can't complain we had 28 Snowy Owls on the Boston CBC.

Good birding
Bob Stymeist and Martha Steele
Westmore VT
Arlington MA