Good point, Bruce, but I also think there is a clear pattern of dispersal to the Great Plains and vagrancy to the East Coast.  Barring some kind of photo evidence that the bird has been in captivity, or a falconer that shows up to claim it, I expect that the record will stand.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone