Our second-ever East Franklin County CBC is coming up this Saturday, January 4.

Last year, we used a tape and added a responding Barred Owl to our count. I am very ambivalent about playing a tape this year. The ice storm left between 0.75 and 1 inch of ice on everything here (and left Hal and me without power for more than four days).

I am thinking that owls in our area are already stressed and we should not be playing tapes this year simply to add them to the CBC count.

I would truly appreciate discussion of/response to this issue on and/or off list.

Thank you,

Charlotte Bill
Enosburgh, VT