Hi VTBirders,

For those who don't know, North Branch Nature Center (NBNC) is a non-profit
organization based out of Montpelier, whose mission is to "connect people
of all ages with the natural world".  More info at our website (link below).

Happy Birding,
Larry

*Upcoming Events*

*Naturally Nicaragua Info Session *
Thursday, January 16, 7:00 p.m.
Join trip leaders Larry Clarfeld and Beth Merrill at NBNC for a slideshow
preview of the Naturally
Nicaragua<http://northbranchnaturecenter.org/nicaragua.html>trip
(March 21-31) an a chance to ask any questions you may have. More info
at: http://northbranchnaturecenter.org/nicaragua.html

*Lake Champlain Birding* (full)
Saturday, January 18, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Come explore the wetlands, fields and water bodies of the Champlain Valley
for waterfowl and winter birds. We’ll seek out Rough-legged Hawks, winter
waterfowl, Snow Buntings and Lapland Longspurs, Short-eared Owls, and more.

*Superbowl of Birding XI*

* (Youth & Teen Event) January 24-25, 2014 *Winter’s premier birding
competition is back!  In the past five year’s, NBNC’s youth and young adult
teams have tallied 92 species, including gems like King Eider, Razorbill,
and Snowy Owl.  You can check out our trip report from 2013 or 2012 for
more about the birds we see. For any interested teens, let us know early if
you’re interested in joining the team!

*Vermont's Bird Atlas: A Story from 56,000 Observations*
Friday, January 31, 7:00 p.m.
at the Unitarian Church of Montpelier
Over 300 Vermonters traversed fields and forests, marshes and mountains to
collect data for the Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas. *Rosalind Renfrew* will
share results from the state's largest inventory of bird life, with a focus
on changes in Vermont's bird communities during the last 30 years.

*Birding Cape May, NJ*
May 8-12, 2014
We've brought groups of young birders to Cape May for the World Series of
Birding since 1999, and now we've got a trip just for adults! Cape May
hosts some of the best birding on the east coast, with over 200+ species
possible on our trip.  More info:
http://northbranchnaturecenter.org/capemay.html

--
Larry Clarfeld