The Snowy Owl at the Dead Creek WMA goose-viewing area on Route 17 in Addison put on a good show this afternoon, flying between treetops and the viewing pavilion.

During a brief stop at Potash Bay we saw one Mallard, five Common Goldeneye, six Common Mergansers and one Great Black-backed Gull. With today's temperatures it looked as if the water was going to freeze at any moment in mid-wave. The ice (rime ice?) forming along the trees and shrubs along the shore was spectacular.

On Goodrich Corners Road a Peregrine Falcon was harassing a flock of Snow Buntings (there may have been Horned Larks as well). A Rough-legged Hawk was hovering in the area.

We saw three more Rough-legged Hawks in other locations, all along Route 17. Throughout the day we saw many Red-tailed Hawks, all perched fairly low in the trees.

Sue and Marv Elliott, Sue Wetmore