On 1/8/2014 9:51 PM, Jim Crowley wrote:

> I recall Killington closing for a few days in January 1995. It was grim.

I remember that winter, too.Parts of it were ugly as sin. What pasted
most of the New England ski areas was the temperature inversion. Sunday
River was scrappy as hell back then - and I was admittedly one of its
better street fighters.  While others, in good times, slagged on Sunday
River for its low base and summit elevations, those elevations were a
Godsend during that event.

We made snow, and we told the world about it. We were only able to make
it at the lowest elevations, but snow it was, and we rubbed Killington's
nose in it.

It was kind of fun to do, I will admit.