From: Eric Morton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 01:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Interesting list-related segment airing on "Do or Die" on National Geographic Television

Why did I cringe all the time?

1) They made it pretty claustrophobic. Not for the faint of heart.
2) It was, as said, annoying. Very sensationalist. Repetitive. Drew advice that they could give you in about 30 seconds into a >5 minute segment.
3) Instead of focusing on useful advice like, don't ski trees alone, watch for this type of hazard, etc, it focused on someone who was incredibly lucky that he could call for help through a cell phone. Should the advice have been "when skiing alone in trees, carry your cell phone in your hand with the numbers 9-1 already dialed so that all you have to do is to press 1"?

By the way, Leigh said this was a "well known skivt list participant". I didn't quite catch the name, but it wasn't well known enough that I recognized the name right off hand Who was it? I could recognize JJ's tele style immediately in the video, but I didn't even recognize his name.

Eric