Wow. The TV weather guys just revamped the storm warnings and are calling a further 10 to 20 inches tonight and tomorrow.

If I-70 shuts or is iffy, tomorrow should be truly epic and empty at Vail.

Leigh
From: J. Leigh Daboll
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:18 PM
Reply To: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Amazing Day at Beaver Creek

It is not often you are skiing when it is snowing and blowing so hard it is hard to see your gloves out in front of you. Today was one of those days

The predicted evening storm arrives at BC a bit early today. Like at 9am. By 10am the wind had whipped the falling snow into puffy peaks that exploded waist high at each banked turn. Zero F at the top of the Cinch lift ensured the powder stayed fluffy all day.

Stone creek chutes is my favorite area of BC and this time they did not disappoint. Steep sloughs running down all around your skis and churning up around thigh deep

I am beat tonight after skiing to closing bell.....

And the biggest portion of the storm is due to hit tonight! Looks like we will be on a very early chair at Vail tomorrow and should still be able to milk a day with at least some freshies out of empty BC on Tuesday

Leigh