Skier type and size make a huge difference, so comparing Vicki to Amy is like apple and orange.

As for skis...I can't speak more highly for the Line Prophet. Everyone I know loves'm including the smaller women I know. Some bough the "Celebrity" which is the same sidecut without the metal. Add a little rocker and that ski has gotta be fantastic.

I've got over 100 days on my Prophet 100s. They are my go-to ski in the east. Someone suggested getting another pair to replace them. I may do that. But for now i have those Gotamas, which I try to use when the snow is soft. And when the snow is really deep, I have the Volkl Shiros.

The Shiro's are still for sale. They are ideal for someone Amy's size. I find the 173 skis short for me and I would like a rockered powder ski in the high 170s. If anyone wants to buy a nice pair of powder skis for their S.O. or know of a woman looking for a really nice powder ski at a great price, get in touch.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Jeremy Malczyk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Nothing like gear talk to take your mind off the 60,000 cubic feet of New England winter flowing past Hartford every second...

Take a look at the Line Soulmate 98 (basically the Prophet 98). My associations may forbid such advertising from the List, but it's all the same parent company anyway.  Adding rocker to these made a once squirrely powder ski into something very manageable, and they really come into their own in more mixed-bag conditions. Weight is probably pretty similar to the Aura, maybe a bit more on the 98, but there's more meat there too. The fatter bases and edges will better survive the conditions we are forced to consider passable these days. FWIW, I've spent a couple seasons on the first-gen Mantra, a couple seasons on the Prophet 100, a handful of days on short 98's and one on the Soulmate. So from that, IMO the Prophet/Soulmate is the better ski for what we get here.

Jerm