On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Jim Crowley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
January 1995 was one of the reasons I vowed to leave New England permanently as soon as I could (it took another dozen years for that to happen). Well, that and January 1998. Plus several tough years in the mid-2000's.

I recall Killington closing for a few days in January 1995. It was grim.

I recall January 1995 as well. I was keeping handwritten weather records back then in a fit of tween-age weather geekdom. I think I almost stopped that month amidst frustration with the warm weather (the souls of tweeners are easily crushed).

Evan