From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Aspri, Jo-Anne
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: library closing - thanks

Interesting, and congratulations on being held in such high esteem by your colleague to the point that she voiced it! I suppose I was fantasizing that this might be one potential outcome, to re-hire a librarian LOL. I heard privately from one person and this is what she had to say, in part:

	My position was eliminated last July...<snip>   By October, the entire collection - all the books and journals - had been moved to the dumpster !  The room is now used as temporary office space while another area of  the hospital is renovated.   The electronic subscriptions expired and since no one knew how to use them or what to do, that was the end of that.  So, all they have now is UpToDate.

So much for my fantasy. This is the harsh reality.

Jo-Anne Aspri, MLS | LIBRARY | Kent Hospital | 455 Toll Gate Road | Warwick, RI 02886  | 401.737.7010 x31309 | jaspri AT kentri.org