From: Wold, Michael W. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 9:26 AM
To: Susan Shelly; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Library Closing

I think the we need to have CMS, the Affordable Care Act, Joint Commission, and other federal or state regulations require that a Library is a must!!

I remember many years ago that the Medical Library had a complete page or so in the Joint Commission manual--now we are under "information management"--No one cares!!

Also, again many years ago, I was a "consultant" for two hospitals that did not have a library, but if they could prove that Library Service was available if would be ok. This was in the 1980s--but it was some type of regulation.

We need some type of pull at the federal level/state level. Just my two cents!

Michael Wold, MLS
Medical Library
OSF St. Mary Medical Center
3333 North Seminary
Galesburg, Illinois 61401
309-344-3161 ext 4185/Fax 309-344-9464
"Serving with the Greatest Care and Love"