From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Marton
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 12:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Library closing

I'm not sure if this point has been raised yet, but perhaps it may be worthwhile to create a save-our-hospital-library petition form and place it on the MLA website. Then, any hospital librarian whose library is facing closure can download the petition form and get clinical colleagues, patients, and the general public  to sign it. There are petitions for many worthwhile causes - stopping environmental degradation; preventing animal abuse; improving women's rights, etc.  Why not a petition for stopping hospital library closures? Perhaps we can get a respectable scientist/clinician or a celebrity to endorse our cause.....

Christine Marton, PhD