From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kraft, Michelle
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Thought on Library closing thread

I might say that I don't care if a hospital librarian makes it journal worthy for publication. Just write about it somewhere. Get the info out!
Share it on a Tumbler or WordPress blog. I think I remember a while ago Hospital Libraries Section used to have an area on their site where people could submit projects or examples of things that they did that worked.
Get out and share your information.

The main reason I started writing my blog was because I wanted to share information and I didn't have time to write it up for a journal article and some of the information was helpful but wasn't journal "worthy."
That didn't stop me from trying to share it though.

Additionally I would like to say it takes more time to do the actual project, collections, services or other library work than it does to quickly write a paragraph or two about what you did and share it.  The majority of my blog writing is done when I am at home sitting in front of the TV while the kids are asleep.  It is no skin off my nose time wise and the benefits have far outweighed any negatives.

Michelle