Dear MLA Members,

Most of us would agree that we are
fortunate to have a listserv that connects and supports us, MLA members.
When we signed up for MEDLIB-L, we agreed to abide by its guidelines. As much
as information and knowledge sharing is part of our work at our organizations,
please consider that interlibrary-loan exchanges should be handled with great
sensitivity on MEDLIB-L.  ILL requests should be sent in emergency cases
and only if you have exhausted all possibilities, such as getting the article
from document delivery sources, the NIH or others.  As librarians, we
uphold the respect for intellectual property, so why should it be different
when we connect to each other?  If you are unaware or forgot the MLA's
guidelines on ILL requests conducted on the listserv, please read:

"ILL requests:
precede the title you need with "ILL: "; do not make multiple
ILL requests in a single message unless from same source title. ILL REQUESTS
should be confined to emergencies, or to titles unavailable through regular interlibrary loan networks. Please observe all copyright regulations when
requesting loans.  See: Medical Library Association: Copyright Law and
Fair Use Position Statement

http://www.mlanet.org/discussion/medlib_l_faq.html

Thank you,

Judith Weiner Mills, AHIP, MLIS, MS