I'm not sure if this point has been raised yet, but perhaps it may be
worthwhile to create a save-our-hospital-library petition form and place it
on the MLA website. Then, any hospital librarian whose library is facing
closure can download the petition form and get clinical colleagues,
patients, and the general public  to sign it. There are petitions for many
worthwhile causes - stopping environmental degradation; preventing animal
abuse; improving women's rights, etc.  Why not a petition for stopping
hospital library closures? Perhaps we can get a respectable
scientist/clinician or a celebrity to endorse our cause.....

Christine Marton, PhD