Hey John,

There is quite a nice book called "The Physics of Skiing: Skiing at
the Triple Point"
(http://www.amazon.com/The-Physics-Skiing-Triple-Point/dp/1563963191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390637639&sr=8-1&keywords=physics+of+skiing)
that goes over a lot of the base/edge/wax/snow interface stuff. Been a
while since I took a read, though. A quick Google search for "Physics
of Skiing" seems to reveal some good info, too.

I have a copy in Burlington if you'd like to borrow it. Backchannel me
if you're interested.

- BW