A message from our very own Sarah Blatt:

Hey Guys,

Just a couple things...

1) I added a new volunteer opportunity to the calendar: The American
Cancer Society Relay for Life at UVM on Friday, April 25th at 6pm
(will have more info on that later)

2) I need to finalize who is helping out this Saturday at the Magic
Hat Mardi Gras Parade (A Benefit for HOPE Works) by the end of Tuesday
so that I can register people in time.

Here's more info on the volunteer options:

Zone Patrol (Group/Team):
A group of 2 or more people that want to serve on zone patrol and want
to be placed together.  This group or team can simply be a few friends
that are doing something fun together or can be a specific group/team
(ie. organization, company, group, club, team, etc.)  This can be a
great way to build teamwork and come together for your group to do
something fun in our community.

FLOAT WALKERS (need up to 40+ volunteers for this role)
An individual who will accompany the floats in the parade to help
distribute the goodies to the crowd.  We do not want spectators to
break the zone patrol barrier to obtain the goodies so Float Walkers
are focused on making sure that all Mardi Gras goodies (beads,
giveaways etc.) are making it past the zone patrol line to the
spectators thereby reducing risk of injury from spectators running
into the streets.

BEAD SALES (need up to 10 volunteers for this role)
An individual who is interested in sitting at one of a handful of
stations along Church Street selling beads as a fundraiser for the
Mardi Gras Parade benefactor H.O.P.E. Works.  This individual will
also have to arrive earlier and help with set-up and break-down of
bead sales stations.  They may also have to serve as a runner between
beads sales stations to re-distribute bead supplies.  (Most of these
positions are filled in-house but we will need a couple of volunteers
to help out, especially in the runner capacity.)

" ALL VOLUNTEERS WILL GET:
    - A FREE Commemorative 2014 Mardi Gras T-shirt
    - 1 FREE Burrito from Bueno y Sano
    - and experience a whole lot of fun!! "

Please email me at [log in to unmask] by Tuesday if you can make it
(include your volunteering preference) and I will let you know what
the majority wants to volunteer for and will register you on Wednesday.

Thanks,

Sarah