Short answer: no, nuclear (whatever the generation) is not the only viable
solution to preventing even more dangerous climate change than now
witnessed.
See our case at: solarUtopia.org
Here is one critical reason, aside from many others:
The time necessary to create nuclear power replacing existing energy is on
the order of decades, significantly longer than wind/solar with equivalent
capacity to supply energy.  The longer a given level of atmospheric CO2
remains, the greater the long-term greenhouse impact.