Short answer: no, nuclear (whatever the generation) is not the only viable solution to preventing even more dangerous climate change than now witnessed.
See our case at: solarUtopia.org
Here is one critical reason, aside from many others:
The time necessary to create nuclear power replacing existing energy is on the order of decades, significantly longer than wind/solar with equivalent capacity to supply energy.
The longer a given level of atmospheric CO2 remains, the greater the long-term greenhouse impact.