Hello good folks-
Hope you've all been enjoying this bit of beautiful, winter sun and milder
weather...

We currently have a few exciting job openings here at the orchard- in our
office, in sales, and out in the field out with the trees themselves...
We'd a appreciate you spreading the word to anyone who comes to mind!

Thank you!

Andrea & Bill

Details below...

*Champlain Orchards is a diversified, ecologically managed apple & fruit
orchard in Shoreham, Vermont.  We are in a time of exciting growth and
change and we have job opportunities for a few energetic and skilled
individuals to come and join our orchard team.*

*Office Manager & Sales Assistant*

 This person plays a very integral role of our bustling and growing
business- dealing with day to day staff and customer calls (this is the
first person to pick up the phone), general office organization, helping to
make daily sales calls, general administrative duties, managing packaging
inventory, etc (!)...
Must be flexible, enjoy multitasking and customer service, appreciate
working in an agricultural and fast-paced environment, and have very strong
computer skills (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.).  A strong knowledge of
Vermont agriculture and the impact of the local food movement is a
plus!   Full-time
position.

*Director of Finances & Administration*
This position requires a Bachelor's degree, advanced QuickBooks expertise,
excellent leadership, management and communication skills, and at least 4
years of experience in accounting and office administration. This is a full
time, salaried position.

*Director of Sales*

This person must be a "sales animal" and be interested and willing to spend
extensive amounts of time on "the road".  An individual who has a passion
and knowledge about Vermont agriculture and the impact of the local foods
movement preferred.

Knowledge of fruit, apples, and orchard products a plus*.  *This individual
must demonstrate excellent leadership abilities, a high level of analytical
and problem solving skills, excellent communication & computer skills, and
excellent time and stress management abilities.

 This is a full time, salaried position with the possibility of sales
commission.

 *Director of Human Resources, Food Safety, and Special Projects*

 This person will be responsible for:
*Establishing and maintaining the functions of the human resource
department and ensure compliance with all state & federal labor laws.
*Documentation and writing of policies for all of Champlain Orchards' food
safety & certification programs, and ensuring compliance with all
applicable state and federal food safety laws.
*Documentation for all aspects of grant writing and special projects.

Must have a college degree and excellent leadership, management &
communication skills.  We prefer at least one year of experience in human
resources, food safety and/or grant writing.  This is a full time, salaried
position.

*Director of Orchard Operations*

 Champlain Orchards is managed through advanced IPM protocol with Eco-Apple
certification and the Director of Orchard Operations plays an integral role
in making decisions and monitoring overall health of the trees and orchard
ecosystem.  They are responsible for organization and oversight of pruning,
planting, fertilizing, spraying, thinning, mowing, harvesting and storage
of fruit. They must possess a high level of practical orchard operations,
entomology and tree fruit knowledge. They must also enjoy and be familiar
with equipment operation, physical hard work, working outdoors year round,
and able to work weekends and nights on occasions.   This individual must
be self-motivated, enjoy teaching and leading staff, demonstrate a high
level of analytical, problem solving, communication, computer, and record
keeping skills, and have excellent time and stress management abilities.

This is a full time, salaried position.

*Please visit our website to see detailed job descriptions:*

*http://www.champlainorchards.com/employment-opportunities/
<http://www.champlainorchards.com/employment-opportunities/>*

*To apply for any of these positions, please send**:*

*A letter of interest, resume, and three references contacts to:  *
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>

*Bill Suhr & Andrea Scott*
*Champlain Orchards*
*2955 Route 74 West*
*Shoreham, VT 05770*