Thanks for all the responses...but in the end they all led to the same
place...Ednie's in NJ.
  They have plenty at the moment, but they only deal in truckload
quantities, roughly 800-1000 9" crates per load, $2.50 each plus
freight, so roughly $4.00-4.50 delivered. They also have 7" for $1.75,
but I personally never found them very useful in veggies.

I have a farm in Northern NH that wants 1/2 the load. If someone in
VT/NH wants to coordinate the remainder of the load I will be glad to
help make the connections. I had at least 6-8 responses from VT farmers
that wanted 50~ crates. To keep the trucking costs in the estimated
range need to unload at one stop that is semi-trailer accessible with
forklift/loader. Given road postings, etc. this would be in late April/May.

Disclaimer...I have no financial interest in this transaction.

Anybody who wants to coordinate, take them all, whatever, reply directly
to me and I will pass on all the contacts, etc that I have.

Thanks,
Michael Smith
Gypsy Meadows Farm
Consulting Services