Hello all,

Hot water seed treatment is an excellent tool to help control harmful
diseases inside and on the seed coats of  vegetable seeds. Meg McGrath,
Plant Pathologist from Cornell, is coming  Wednesday, March 5 to the UVM
Horticultural Research Center (Hort Farm in South Burlington on Green
Mountain drive)  to help us  with a seed treatment workshop. The
workshop will run from 9 am-1 pm and we will have 2 sets of hot water
baths, thermometers and all the materials you will need to treat your
seeds.  Please bring seeds to be treated (check the list of appropriate
seeds here
http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles)/HotWaterSeedTreatment.html#Table1.)
and  something to weight the seeds down (nuts, bolts, change) so they
sink in the baths.

For more info on hot water seed treatment go to:
http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles/HotWaterSeedTreatment.html

We will provide coffee and some snacks. Directions to the Hort Farm:
http://www.uvm.edu/~hortfarm/?Page=directions.html

*Please rsvp to Meg McGrath ([log in to unmask]) and myself
([log in to unmask]) so we know how many to expect.*

For growers in the southern part of the state, Meg and Ruth Hazzard at
UMass are holding another seed treatment workshop on Monday, March 3 at
the UMASS Research and Educational farm in South Deerfield, MA. For more
info and to preregister, look under "upcoming events."
http://extension.umass.edu/vegetable/sites/vegetable/files/newsletters/Feb%206%202014%20Vegetable%20Notes.pdf

Thanks,

Ann Hazelrigg

--