Hello all,

Hot water seed treatment is an excellent tool to help control harmful diseases inside and on the seed coats of  vegetable seeds. Meg McGrath, Plant Pathologist from Cornell, is coming  Wednesday, March 5 to the UVM Horticultural Research Center (Hort Farm in South Burlington on Green Mountain drive)  to help us  with a seed treatment workshop. The workshop will run from 9 am-1 pm and we will have 2 sets of hot water baths, thermometers and all the materials you will need to treat your seeds.  Please bring seeds to be treated (check the list of appropriate seeds here http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles)/HotWaterSeedTreatment.html#Table1.)  and  something to weight the seeds down (nuts, bolts, change) so they sink in the baths.

For more info on hot water seed treatment go to: http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles/HotWaterSeedTreatment.html

We will provide coffee and some snacks. Directions to the Hort Farm:  http://www.uvm.edu/~hortfarm/?Page=directions.html

Please rsvp to Meg McGrath ([log in to unmask]) and myself ([log in to unmask]) so we know how many to expect.

For growers in the southern part of the state, Meg and Ruth Hazzard at UMass are holding another seed treatment workshop on Monday, March 3 at the UMASS Research and Educational farm in South Deerfield, MA. For more info and to preregister, look under "upcoming events."
http://extension.umass.edu/vegetable/sites/vegetable/files/newsletters/Feb%206%202014%20Vegetable%20Notes.pdf

Thanks,

Ann Hazelrigg

--