Follow up:

It was down to the Volkl Aura and the Line Soulmate.  And it was a tough
decision.  But when weighing all the comments from here and some other
sources, Amy decided that the Aura was more likely to be the ski for
her(without my input, John)--ie, quick turning in the woods,  handling
higher speeds and hard snow comfortably,  and laughing at the crud.

She had her first day on them today.  It was a perfect day to test a ski,
with all kinds of conditions out there.  And she absolutely loved them.
 After each run, she went on and on about how much she loved them.  And I
noticed her skiing more aggressively. She only wished that she had the
usual amount of days in, so she would have had more stamina for today's
conditions.

So thanks to all who gave input.  And if you're a female who skis like Amy,
this may be the ski for you.