This storm was a bit of a disappointment, though for this winter 3" of
freshies is nothing to complain about. 3" is what there was when I
loaded the first chair at 9:00. The wind was blowing it around a bit, so
with careful selection of terrain I could pick a few spots where it was
considerably deeper, though those spots always ended far too soon.
Skiing within a few feet of the safety fences lining the race courses
yielded the best runs of the day on both Ross and Allen.

I found some very nice low-angle powder runs on the just-opened Hadley
over off the Sheehan chair, too. It was boot-top over there, and as long
as I didn't get too aggressive with my edges, there were lots of fun,
floaty turns there.

The heavy snow forecast for the day never materialized, and by 11:00
things had dwindled to flurries. Still, a heavy band of snow was
predicted to come through in the afternoon, so I opted to head home,
grab some lunch, and head back up the mountain when phase two of the
storm hit. Well, that too seemed to fizzle, and it never really got to
the point where I thought it would be worth the drive back up. Yup, I'm
a whose. Of course, just when it got too late in the afternoon to do
anything about it, things picked up again, and we got several more
inches outside the house. I consoled myself with a very nice jaunt on
the XC skis out over the back fields and trails, and made plans for dawn
patrol tomorrow morning back up at the Bowl.

I'll be in the parking lot at 6:30 for a single lap up and down Worth
Mountain, and should be able to get to the office before anyone even
notices that I went skiing. It may not be the best skiing ever, but
you've gotta get it while you can.

Dave G.