Interesting. I look forward to hearing your results. Was there a reason this couldn't be ordered from the manufacturer? I'm much more interested in the process than this particular binding. At what point would one infringe on patent rights?
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brian M. Waters
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SKIVT-L] 3D printing just made my week

So, as I've mentioned before, I've got a pair of G3 Onyx's that I broke last year.

Unfortunately, they're mounted to some very nice new Verdicts, and I waited much too long to have them warrantied for a trip to Colorado on Tuesday. The offending part is plastic and less than a centimeter or two in each dimension.

Today, I was walking down Church Street and stopped dead in my tracks, dumbfounded in front of the new 3D printing shop there - **why hadn't I thought of this before?**

Tomorrow, (for a very reasonable price), they're going to create a CAD model of the broken part for me, and I'll have them print out a handful of copies in two different materials - including ABS.

If this works out, 3D printing will have made my week.

I'm eager to see how the parts hold up under the abuse of everyday skiing. I'll keep you guys posted right here, in this thread.

- BW

PS, The shop is called Blu-Bin: http://www.blu-bin.com/