Mike - you raise a very good point - touche´

From: Michael Taub <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:03 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Helisking Buddy System Goes to Court

guys, it's snowing out.

Mike

Life is worth living.

On Feb 5, 2014, at 10:47 PM, "Rothstein, David" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

As a bone fide 'merican, I say we should not rest on our laurels.

Caveat, while you were looking up your facts and figures…
You forgot to mention that some 40% of Americans now qualify as functionally illiterate…
40% or more do not believe in evolution… lower than any other industrialized nation
We are falling in our rankings  in health care, longevity, quality of life …
Finally, "innovativity" is not a word.

I do not think frivolous lawsuits add to the individuals' power.  In fact not only does corporate america need to protect
itself from other corporations because of ridiculous laws, but also uses these same rules to go after private citizens.
(also drives up our already too high health care costs)

We might learn a thing or two from Canada if we could stop thumping our chests…