Yes, we have done that in the past. Its a simple step.

Dave

David Martin

Network Administrator O.S.S.U.

157 Daniels Road

Hardwick VT 05843

Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24

Cell 802.595.2733

[image: Sample Logo]
Enterprise Administrator on Windows ServerŪ 2008

*------------------------------ *

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I know they can be purchased separately, so I would assume you can buy
> management licenses for previously purchased chromebooks.
>
> *Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning*
> *   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | (802) 772-0003 <%28802%29%20772-0003>*
> *   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer & Administrator *
> *My Sites*
>  ~ Edlisten.com ~ Educational Podcast
>  ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources
>  ~ VTed.org ~ Vermont's Personal Learning Network
>
> gClassFolders <https://sites.google.com/a/askbj.net/edlisten-resources/my-resources/gclassfolders>~
> Create Google folders for your class.
>

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Lucie deLaBruere <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>>   Bjorn
>>
>> Can you buy management licenses without the Chromebook and add a  non
>> managed Chromebook to it later
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> From a technical perspective:
>>
>> Positive:
>>
>>    - Very easy management, and deployment.
>>    - Centrally manageable if you get the Google Management $30 one time
>>    fee per device.  Think Group policy type of thing, where you can set the
>>    proxy, allow for multiple signin, and force only domain logins, deploy
>>    apps,...)
>>    - Chrome Web Store is a great resource
>>

>> Negative:
>>
>>    - Requires culture change to using Google Apps and webbased
>>    applications
>>    - Will not run Java
>>    - Printing is per user, not per-device.  This means if you share a
>>    printer with a student, they could technically print to it from home.
>>    - Printing requires a print server unless it specifically has e-print
>>    capabilities.   This means setting it up to print at home is not that easy.
>>    - Must get the Chromebook Management $30, to centrally manage.   Do
>>    not skip this when purchasing a group of Chromebooks.
>>

>> Not necessarily Chromebook specific but every Google Apps deployment
>> should consider either http://www.gclassfolders.com or http://hapara.com.
>>  The folder management is key to a great deployment.
>>
>> *Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning*
>> *   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | (802) 772-0003 <%28802%29%20772-0003>*
>> *   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer & Administrator*
>> *My Sites*
>>   ~ Edlisten.com ~ Educational Podcast
>>  ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources
>>  ~ VTed.org ~ Vermont's Personal Learning Network
>>
>> gClassFolders <https://sites.google.com/a/askbj.net/edlisten-resources/my-resources/gclassfolders>~
>> Create Google folders for your class.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all.
>>>
>>> This is not a "bash Chromebook" inquiry...
>>>
>>> I was wondering if you might be willing to reply with challenges and/or
> [...]

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or
privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access
such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you
destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in
error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to
notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then
permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding
to anyone or retaining a copy.