This might help:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754792.aspx

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Bill Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Asking for pointers … seems like a 101 type question/

Staff or student has connected a Netgear router to the network, with DHCP enabled … I discovered this just a day ago, and luckily was able to log on to the router using default usename and password …I disabled dhcp, and changed the password..

I cannot physically locate the DHCP device, but I had thought my AD setup required authorization for a device to become a DHCP device..

Question is – how can I prevent rogue DHCP devices in Active Directory ? Is this possible ?

Bill Clark

Austine School

Will Hatch
Information Technology