Ed,  The cool thing about e-textiles is "its' not just about textiles.
They lend themselves to arts, craft,  and sometimes whimsical every day objects.
This week I worked on a Maker Name Badge for Dynamic Landscape that combined e-textile and 3D printed components.  It's a pretty simple design,  but it was fun and scratched the itch to create..
http://createmakelearn.blogspot.com/

 Lucie