Or Barack Obama in the White House, also.   I think the post Sam made
about Neil deGrasse Tyson is very good, in spite of Tyson's willingness
to "play it safe", but then I read the end where he begins to talk about
Obama and I began to shake my head.   Obama has been a ruling class
front man from day one.  He is nothing but the US bourgeoisie putting a
black face on the same old neo-liberal Bushite policies, and that is his
main function.  The fact that he has discharged that function very well
over the past six years should not be cause for rejoicing.
Fundamentally, this is a class issue, not a racial one.   Although the
masses of Black people remain oppressed (as well as other minorities),
a small sector of the Black population has gained the right to sit at
the head table with the rest of the oppressors and gaily participate in
their common feast while the working class and the poor continues to
suffer.   And they are further blocked from their task of beginning to
organize the overthrow of the brutal capitalist system by the myth that
if a Black agent of the oppressing class sits in the White House,
everything is somehow all right.  Well it's not.  Wake up, Comrades,
your job is not yet done, not by any means.

David Westman