I'm currently serving on the Boards of both my state and regional health sciences library groups, the nominating committee for MLA, and my church's governing board. Each of these groups is charged in some way, shape, or form right now, with finding suitable candidates to serve as committee chairs and/or board members. I came across this piece in last week's Chronicle that offers up a nice reminder regarding one of the roles that comes with service, i.e. helping to find a replacement for yourself.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/good-university-service-means-self-replacement-2/56511

So, if those of us serving have slipped-up in our task to self-replace, I hope you'll feel A-OK to call us on it - and volunteer yourself! :)

Sally

Sally Gore, MS, MS LIS
Research Librarian & Informationist
Lamar Soutter Library<http://library.umassmed.edu/index.cfm>