Dear Jonathan:

The documentary "More than Honey" ends with a discussion of Africanized
honey bees (killer bees) and how they thrive despite of the CCD.  Of
course, that is a documentary and I am not at all knowledgeable about CCD
to express a firm opinion.  But it is too often the case that scientists
who specialize in one field or another focus exclusively on factors most
familiar to them (I know we try to control for "all other variables" but
that is another discussion). There are simply too many species in crisis
these days that should make us think about the broader picture.

At any rate, I recommend the documentary highly. I think it will motivate
the viewer to think of the broader causes for the plight of the honey bee
and indeed the crisis of the capitalist civilization of which we are a part.

Best regards,

Kamran