At any rate, I recommend the documentary highly. I think it will motivate the viewer to think of the broader causes for the plight of the honey bee and indeed the crisis of the capitalist civilization of which we are a part.

Best regards,

Kamran

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Mandi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Unfortunately, the pesticide theory does not hold water – here in South Africa, we use neonicotinoids too, but so far our bee population is healthy. But we don’t treat our bees as badly – trucking them from one end of the continent to another fed on sugarwater, for example. I don’t think bringing other issues into play is spin; there has to be something other than pesticides alone that leads to CCD.

Mandi

From: Science for the People Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of J Latham
Sent: 15 May 2014 05:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: neonicotinoids behind Colony Collapse Disorder

I think a better interpretation of CCD is that pesticides are the overwhelming probable cause and that companies are trying to spin other explanations into the mix. None of Kamran's explanations explain the declines of wild bees, nor the suddenness of many deaths, nor the recentness of the phenomenon, nor the piles of dead bees around neonicotinoid-treated trees, nor the experimental data that neonicotinoids disorient and kill bees.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-14/bee-deaths-prompt-calls-for-u-s-to-ban-some-pesticides.html

best wishes

Jonathan