Oops -

Someday I will learn.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: USA Debating in the WUDC Format [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Scott Thomson
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: congrats to Morehouse

Howdy,

The collegiate LD is policy -  the coaches have done a good job of keeping a lid on speed and the stock issues are written into the rules.  We go to tournaments at St Anselm, Suffolk, Emerson, and St Anselm.  It is a very friendly community.  Public Forum happens in two ways at the collegiate level.  One format is run by Andrew Jacobs at Rockland County CC.  It is a small but persistent community with several tournaments around the NYC area. We've tried it a couple of times and I held a division of it a few years ago.  The other Public Forum (I forget the details of the format) is promoted out of Ohio University - I think it is similar to the high school format.  Overall, there has been an explosion of formats in the last 10 years - at PKD nationals there is NPDA, IPDA, LD, Public Forum, and Worlds Style Debate.  Interesting about your attempt to sign up.

Thanks,

Scott

The NFA specific topic wording comes out in July - the area is space.
http://www.nationalforensics.org/competition/lincoln-douglas-debate