Yes. Ken has assured me Morehouse will have a bid.

John Patrick

On May 12, 2014, at 12:06 PM, Samuel Mayer Nelson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Will there be more than the one bid from Ithaca College?

Sam Nelson
Director of Forensics
Senior Lecturer
Industrial and Labor Relations School
520 Ives Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853

t: (607) 255-2771
f: 607) 254-2251
email: [log in to unmask]

From: USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of John Patrick <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 12:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: USU Bid Vote - How to?

The vote will be held via survey monkey, will open on the 14th, and close on the 19th. To ensure each school votes only once, voting reps will be asked to record the following: their institution's vote, their institution, and the representative's name and email (should a vote need to be clarified for some reason).

Should a school vote more than once, there's no problem if the votes are the same; the institution's 1 vote will be recorded as indicated by both votes.

If two conflicting votes from one institution are recorded, I will do my best to contact the institution's director of forensics or debate union leadership to resolve the conflict (this will involve emailing both voters to alert them of the issue. If the conflict is not resolvable by that method, whichever vote was recorded first will be the one that counts.

Institutional eligibility will be checked against institutional attendance of the USUDC, as indicated by the constitution. Institutions needn't be members of the USUDA to vote on bids for the USUDC, they however must meet the eligibility requirements in the USUDA constitution. My understanding is that every school that attended the Purdue tournament is eligible to vote.

The link to vote will be posted here and on the Yale forum.

After the vote is tallied, I will post the winner, the list of institutions that voted, and how they voted here and on the Yale forum.

John Patrick