Dear Vt birders:

Plenty to eat and drink at the Town Pub (Forest) this morning!  On the
menu, munchies, beer and tea.  I was greeted by hungry mosquitoes.  Perhaps
the next link in the food chain after me will be one  of the flycatchers on
the scene and a piece of me will become some of these coveted creatures.  I
would feel honored.

Nothing satisfies the thirst for rarities quite like a few "QUICK THREE
BEERS" and what a way to start the morning off before work! One Olive-sided
Flycatcher was teed up on a distant tamarack on the far right side of the
famous blow down.  The other one, advertising faintly in the distance, was
calling from the far left side of the blow down from a barkless tree. Also
in the distance, a Yellow-throated Vireo was singing.  An Alder offered
free beer as well.

The warblers are still present, and aside from the busy Chestnut-sideds,
seem to be getting down to business, still in their designated areas but
attending to other matters.  Chessies were buzzing around and didn't seem
at all affected by me standing quietly nearby.

Here's the blow down on the morning.  And please, don't tell my supervisor
about the trip to the pub!

Ali
Huntington

Hinesburg Town Forest, Economou Rd, Chittenden, US-VT
May 27, 2014 6:10 AM - 7:10 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
33 species

Broad-winged Hawk (Buteo platypterus)  1
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius)  2
Olive-sided Flycatcher (Contopus cooperi)  2     They are BACK!  One teed
up on Tamarack on far right of blow down while the other one, far left side
of blow down, was also teed up and offering "quick three beers."
Eastern Wood-Pewee (Contopus virens)  3
Alder Flycatcher (Empidonax alnorum)  1
Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus)  4
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe)  1
Yellow-throated Vireo (Vireo flavifrons)  1
Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius)  1
Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus)  2
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  2
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  1
Winter Wren (Troglodytes hiemalis)  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa)  1
Veery (Catharus fuscescens)  4
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  4
Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla)  6
Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia)  4
Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla)  2
Mourning Warbler (Geothlypis philadelphia)  2
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas)  5
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla)  4
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica)  9
Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens)  2
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)  2
Eastern Towhee (Pipilo erythrophthalmus)  2
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  1
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis)  4
Scarlet Tanager (Piranga olivacea)  2
Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  2
Evening Grosbeak (Coccothraustes vespertinus)  2