From: Vermont Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Folsom
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Golden-winged Warbler in Mad River Valley

Mad Birders did our annual walk on Mad River Path at Big Picture Theater in Waitsfield this morning, led by Jeannie Elias.  We were astonished and thrilled to hear and then see a Golden-winged Warbler.  It was chased by a Yellow Warbler, but we had good looks before it disappeared.  It is a first for this location, as far as we know.

Other highlights included Baltimore Oriole couple building a nest, many Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireos, Song Sparrows, Eastern Kingbirds.

Happy birding,
Pat