I am being driven crazy by a constantly singing bird that I canít see. It's been singing constantly for at least four days now, every few seconds all day long, from the top of either a huge spruce or a nearby deciduous tree. Iíve listened to every song of every bird I can think of, with no success. I've done a lot of walking around with binoculars but absolutely can't locate the bird.

The main part of the song has a goldfinch quality. The best I can write it is a very fast and sweet deepa-deepa-deepa-deep-doo WEEEE. (Right now the bird is doing long strings of that song, with nanoseconds between repetitions.)

Thereís an occasional second part that is softer, somewhat buzzy and almost mechanical, like something motorized running down. Each note is lower than the one before it; it sounds sort of like a quiet, fast and nasal nyow, nyow, nyow, nuh, nuh, nuh.
Does this give anyone any ideas? Would any with awesome ears (like Evergreen!) like to come by and listen?

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center