Helen, you don't need to connect to the VPN to receive updates. The Config
Manager agent on your system will connect to our management systems, even
from off campus.

We don't disable the ability for people to update Java on their own. We
aren't imposing a ceiling; we just want to make sure that the floor stays
above the water. It's full of radio-active zombie sharks.

--Geoff

Behalf