Indeed it appears that Windows 8.1 RT does not support SSL based VPN:

> The VPN client in Windows RT can connect by using standard PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols, which are widely supported. However, SSL-based VPN connectivity to third-party servers is not possible because SSL VPN implementations are proprietary and distinct to each vendor. Network administrators must configure their third-party VPN servers to allow connections by using one of the supported standard protocols.

in this article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj900206.aspx

The rest of the google search turned up disgruntled corporate users in love with their Surfaces but unable to use them for work, and Cisco/Microsoft finger pointing.

I donít think this is going to get solved soon, frankly.

On Jun 25, 2014, at 11:56 AM, Tim Raymond <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a user with a Microsoft Surface running Windows RT 8.1.  As far
> as I can see Cisco Anyconnect is not supported on this OS.  Windows RT
> 8.1 has a built in VPN.
>
> Has anyone had success getting either Cisco Anyconnect or Windows RT
> 8.1's built in VPN to work with UVM's VPN server?  Or maybe any other
> solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tim
>
> --