A quick reminder. If you are interested in participating, please join us (even if you didn’t RSVP).
One note: Many respondents are understandably interested in an update on the Email and Calendar replacement project. Please know that the selection committee is continuing their work, and it is hoped that a product will be selected by the end of June. Because of University Policy governing the RFP process, no specific details about the products or recommendation can be shared at this time.
I look forward to an interesting discussion later this morning.
The next Collaborative IT Discussion will be held on:
Wednesday, June 11th
10 am to 12 noon
Davis Center 422 – Jost Foundation Rm
Light refreshments will be provided. The tentative agenda includes the following topics:
· Wesley Wright will demonstrate the Big Blue Button web conferencing solution
· I will demo the pass-the-hash exploit, and a change to workstations to prevent [netid]-tech accounts from being used to compromise UVM systems.
· Seeking volunteers to test new Windows file services
· Seeking volunteers to try programmatic disk encryption migration
· Other updates and discussions as interest and time permit
Whether you plan to attend or not, please take a moment to respond to our RSVP and brief poll.
Please let us know if you need any accommodations to participate. If you missed a previous meeting, we have some discussion notes posted on the IT-Discuss SharePoint site.
Let us know if you have any questions, concerns or other feedback. For the organizing committee,
Geoff Duke, ETS Systems Architecture & Administration
Laurie Gelles, College of Education and Social Services
Russ McDonald, Admissions & Enrollment Management
Joe Parent, ETS Client Services