A quick reminder. If you are interested in participating, please join us (even if you didn’t RSVP).

One note: Many respondents are understandably interested in an update on the Email and Calendar replacement project. Please know that the selection committee is continuing their work, and it is hoped that a product will be selected by the end of June. Because of University Policy governing the RFP process, no specific details about the products or recommendation can be shared at this time.

I look forward to an interesting discussion later this morning.

--Geoff

From: Geoffrey Duke [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:46 PM
To: 'Technology Discussion at UVM'
Subject: [event] Collab. IT Discussion - June 11th

The next Collaborative IT Discussion will be held on:

                Wednesday, June 11th

10 am to 12 noon

Davis Center 422 – Jost Foundation Rm

Light refreshments will be provided. The tentative agenda includes the following topics:

·         Wesley Wright will demonstrate the Big Blue Button web conferencing solution

·         I will demo the pass-the-hash exploit, and a change to workstations to prevent [netid]-tech accounts from being used to compromise UVM systems.

·         Seeking volunteers to test new Windows file services

·         Seeking volunteers to try programmatic disk encryption migration

·         Other updates and discussions as interest and time permit

Whether you plan to attend or not, please take a moment to respond to our RSVP and brief poll.

Please let us know if you need any accommodations to participate. If you missed a previous meeting, we have some discussion notes posted on the IT-Discuss SharePoint site.

Let us know if you have any questions, concerns or other feedback. For the organizing committee,

Geoff Duke, ETS Systems Architecture & Administration

Laurie Gelles, College of Education and Social Services

Russ McDonald, Admissions & Enrollment Management

Joe Parent, ETS Client Services

--Geoff

Geoffrey Duke
802.656.1172 |
Sr System Administrator | Enterprise Technology Services | University of Vermont