Good Morning fellow Tech enthusiasts!

Wanted to ask for your help in a win-win scenario:

You have heard recently from VITA-Learn regarding the request for
Presenters at VT Fest 2014 - Creative Learning in Agile Schools.  There is
a specific Tech/Hardware/Infrastructure portion of the conference that I
quote directly from the vita-learn.org site:

"Intensive IT *Friday**!*

IT -- Discuss the new demands on Tech Support and IT Infrastructure in
schools. We are soliciting proposal for hands on IT workshops, facilitated
discussions and presentations!  Ideas: working with wireless, VPN, build a
Minecraft server, adapting to changing and new platforms, Google Apps
administration, challenges of moving to a cloud environment, mobile and/or
personal device management,  or other issues dear to you."

There is a continuing/strengthening desire to bring additional PD offerings
for those of us that are on the hardware support side of Educational
Technology.  Would you be willing to contact Ed Barry at
[log in to unmask] or go to
https://sites.google.com/a/vita-learn.org/vt-fest-2014-rfp/ and submit your
ideas?  (You can tell him I sent you...)  You know of someone who has a
real handle on Tech Support and IT Infrastructure you think would be a
valuable resource to share?  Encourage them to take a look.

In addition, I strongly suggest you contact your Tech/IT staff and see if
they have heard of the SCHOOL-IT LISTSERV Discussion.  There is something
here for everyone...Tech Assistants, Coordinators, Principals,
Integrationists...!

Keeping that communication between Leadership, Curriculum and Tech Support
at all levels helps us be successful.

If you have any questions or *better yet want to be involved with helping
develop Tech/Hardware/Infrastructure PD within Vermont (or have
suggestions)*, please contact me on or off list!

Cheers!

Keith
--
Keith Puffer