Lucie,

We have not assembled one as of yet here at Benson Village School, but are
looking into possibly doing so next year with this

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-peachy-printer-the-first-100-3d-printer-scanner

The price is right, $100. Don't think we would go with the additional
digital scanner attachment. At $350 it is certainly more affordable than
MakerBot's device ($950), but it is still costlier than using an iPad and
123D Catch.

Rod

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Lucie deLaBruere <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I am working with a couple of  educators who have or are assembling their
> own 3D printers to schedule a Google Hangout where we can reflect on the
> pros and cons.
> We are thinking of next week as a time.
> Is there anyone else here who has done this that would like to join us?
>
> We will be make this a Hangout on Air  to benefit others thinking of doing
> this.
>
> Lucie
>
> --
> Lucie deLaBruere
> www.LearningWithLucie.com
> http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl
>
> Google Voice (802) 557 0013

> Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
>   - James M. Barrie

I'm a scientist, I don't believe in anything.
-Roger Fleming, Scientist

--
Benson Village School <http://benson.arsu.org>
***PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments,