Good Morning!

Hope today finds you well and enthused about Technology!!!

To build upon the email that Adam Provost sent out this morning (and yes,
we are working together on this)...

I have had several folks contact me about how they can contribute to the
Professional Development of those of us who work on the
hardware/infrastructure side of Educational Technology.  Here is my short
list:

   - Participate at the annual Tech Pizza Conference
   <http://tpc2014.rutlandschools.org/> at Rutland High School on July 29th.
   - Engage all Tech staff (Tech support Assistants, Coordinators, Network
   Admins, SU Admins...) to join the SCHOOL-IT <https://list.uvm.edu/>
   discussion.
   - Participate (attend and/or present) at the annual VT Fest Conference
   <https://sites.google.com/a/vita-learn.org/vt-fest-2014-rfp/> at
   Killington, VT November 5th-7th.

As someone who puts passion in my Tech, I am reaching out to others who may
be able to present, specifically at VT Fest in November.  In addition to
the list of ideas Adam provided, presenters can range from experts on a
specific topic to someone who can lead a conversation.  Perhaps a
Technology Assistant who has a handle on Apple Configurator?  A Technology
Coordinator who has just started using an MDM solution?  A Network
Administrator who wants to share her/his challenges with ever growing
demands on Wireless/Wired infrastructure?  A Systems Administrator
deploying a WAN-LAN scheme?

If you have any desire to see further development of the hardware,
infrastructure, and management PD within Educational Technology here in
Vermont, I urge you to submit your ideas at VT Fest 2014
<https://sites.google.com/a/vita-learn.org/vt-fest-2014-rfp/>.  Your
interest in presenting (even just as simple as facilitating a conversation)
helps everyone!

There has been a continued (and growing) interest in providing IT PD.
 Together we can really make this happen!  You have asked for it, now let's
step up and get things going...  Techies supporting Techies.  Your move.

Thanks, and let me know if you have questions on how you might be able to
get involved with PD for the hardware/infrastructure side of things.

Keith

--
Keith Puffer
Technology Coordinator